Reference Rel Spec Subwoofer.
Atmosphere SX REL Spec cables are a surprise breakthrough, much like SR power cords with a fantastic ability to improve nearly all aspects of system performance. Listening notes taken during the development process listed deeper and tighter bass, so much so we were forced to turn down both of subwoofers in our reference system. Other improvements noted was a significant increase in soundstaging and most shocking, increased air and transparency in the high frequencies as well as a more fleshed out mid-range. To make this possible, all current SR Technologies are applied, including a new two-stage high voltage treatment process first developed for our World’s Reference Galileo SX cables and Atmosphere X Tuning Modules, used to voice your cable to your system and personal preference. Also present are pure, handmade silver Air String Geometries and our latest Tricon Silver Matrix geometry with Teflon dielectrics. To improve upon the Atmosphere X Reference Rel Spec even further, connect the attached shield ground to a Synergistic Research Ground Block or just a standard wall outlet. In short, these new REL Spec cables should be at the top of the list to audition for anyone with REL Subwoofers wanting to get maximum performance not only in the lower registers but a complete upgrade to the sound of your system.
UEF Matrix Shield with Graphene
Learn more about UEF Matrix Shield
The previous Atmosphere X Series Cables started as an experiment to explore ways of improving UEF Shielding by placing UEF Tech at strategic grid points on the shields of Atmosphere cables, now called Matrix Shielding. Matrix Shielding arranges UEF elements on a grid pattern of the cable shield to lower its noise floor. Atmosphere SX refines Matrix Shielding further by using new Carbon Fibre UEF Tuning Discs developed expressly for Atmosphere SX to enhance the loom's ability to cancel noise that would otherwise cause high frequencies to sound harsh or fatiguing. As a result of our ongoing research into UEF Shielding, we have pushed the resolution envelope when voicing Atmosphere SX by developing new Carbon Fibre UEF Tuning Discs for a more holographic sound with enhanced resolution and musicality.
Gold and Silver SX Tuning Bullets
Learn more about Tuning Modules
Atmosphere Excite SX provides the RED UEF Tuning module while Atmosphere Euphoria SX comes equipped with both the RED and BLUE UEF Tuning Modules.
Gold Tuning Module’s Sonic Characteristics:
- Greater Musicality
- Greater Liquid Smoothness
- Air and Detail
Silver Tuning Module’s Sonic Characteristics:
- Greater Air and Detail
- Liquid Smoothness
How to use tuning modules.
SRX Long Duration High Voltage Conditioning.
After perfecting the most natural-sounding and holographic cables in our history, we set out to take them further with a new high voltage conditioning process that applies a sweeping frequency plot for an extended duration. We experimented with dozens of frequencies in different combinations over a prolonged time period before landing on just the right mix. We even built a new Tesla Coil to handle the excess heat generated during long conditioning sessions. Once finalized, the SRX conditioning process created holographic realism and timbrel accuracy far beyond our previous Tesla Coil conditioning protocol.
UEF Ground Plane
Atmosphere Excite SX and Euphoria SX interconnects incorporate the capability to ground your cables to either a wall outlet with the included SR Ground plug or to a Synergistic Research Ground Block (sold separately) to elevate the performance even further. Benefits include a noticeable increase in deep bass power and weight, a more holographic sound field, smoother high frequencies with greater extension and ‘air’, a more present and layered mid-range, increased tonal density with an apparent increase in resolution.
Atmosphere SX Reference Rel Spec Subwoofer Specifications:
Level 1 Interconnects
$2795 / 3 meter
$695 per addl meter
Atmosphere SX Reference Rel Spec Subwoofer Build Notes:
2 each 4th Gen-Tricon:
- Silver Copper Matrix: Mono-crystal conductors with a separate ground conductor from shield
- Dielectric: Teflon
- Shielding: Ground Plane Technology
- Geometry: 6 channel single ended / 8 channel balanced per pair
- Listened for signal direction before build
4 each Silver Air Strings XLR:
- Silver Air Strings: 99.9999% pure mono crystal silver conductor
- 1 separate conductor RCA / 2 separate conductors XLR
- Dielectric: Air (sealed)
- Shielding: Ground Plane Technology
- Hand crafted in our California factory
Speakon and Silver Spade Connectors:
- 21 point-to-point hand soldered connections
- Atmosphere SX Level 4 UEF Matrix Shielding: 2 different UEF coatings with Graphene are applied to UEF Cell, connectors and cabling and ground significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail. The conductors and ground plane and UEF Cell also benefit from dampening effect that UEF provides
- SRX Long Duration Quantum Tunneling: After the cable is completely assembled all connections and cabling are treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at specific frequencies and pulse modulations, creating a canal in the conductor material and contact points at the molecular level that allows electrons to flow more freely. This allows the maximum amount of low level information through the conductors and provides for the highest amount of realism in your music
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- UEF Ground Plane Termination
- 1 Termination for Atmosphere tuning Module (Red and Blue)
- Hand build time: 2.5 hours
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in our California factory
SR Ground Block (optional):Atmosphere X Reference Rel Spec Subwoofer interconnects have shields that can be grounded direct to earth with supplied ground cables bypassing your component’s power supplies for a lower system noise floor.
- To improve performance further still use an optional SR Ground Block with its UEF Ground Filter to elevate overall system performance; not only can you star ground and UEF filter the shields on all Atmosphere X 2-3 interconnects in your system, but can also ground all of your system’s components to the Ground Block for a dramatic lowering of your system’s noise floor for greater detail, clarity and musicality.
Based on my experience, the newer Atmosphere Euphoria SX cable series improves upon the already outstanding series, not in any subtle way. These newer cables represent the evolving innovation and technological improvements from a company continually exploring ways to improve its current success.
Bill Wells - StereoTimes - January 2023
At some point, later in life, we acquire fine components, realizing that they will become our "forever" amp or loudspeaker. The Excite SX cables qualify for that status for me. I wish I had reached this level a decade ago. But in the case of Synergistic Research cables, who can really say "forever"? Ted Denney and Synergistic Research are showing no signs of slowing down their creativity or technological innovation.
Rick Becker - Enjoy the Music - April 2022
"The Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria cables are nothing short of compelling. They strike the perfect balance of smooth, full, and resolving. It’s a mesmerizing sound that will keep you in your seat – listening for hours upon hours. It sure did for me."
Siao Jer - Audio Bacon - April 2019
"The Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria (Level 3) interconnects and speaker cables, along with the Atmosphere UEF (Level 3) power cables, have rekindled my passion for the very best in sound and performance. I had not realized that there was so much more musical information available that could transform my system well beyond flavor or personality."
Robert Youman -Positive Feedback - September 2018
"Finally, moving on to the Euphoria Level 3, and once again I heard more of the same. I made out a firmer bass line and more articulate piano playing. The decay of the notes seemed more evident, and overall the sound had noticeably greater subtlety, finesse, and delicacy. There was something more, as I felt more drawn into the music."
Jimmy Hughes -Stereonet - March 2021
“First, compared to the Elements, the Atmospheres had a naturally warmer, more organic, and harmonically fuller sound that lacked the older cables’ relatively sharp edges.”
"Synergistic Research cables and devices, was absolutely thrilling, with tremendous dynamic impact, presence, and detail"
"The Synergistic Research set of cables are expansive in all three dimensions, revealing with resolution and raw details, incredibly quiet in its noise floor with a lot of bass extension in treble energy."
Siao Jer - Audio Bacon - August 2018
“I just couldn’t find a flaw in the SR Atmosphere speaker cables”
"Once you have heard the difference these speaker cables can make to your system, you cannot un-hear it"
“Better sound for less money from the same manufacturer? My goodness, how often does this happen?”
"I wouldn't have believed they could have made such a difference. Combining the two, there is not much sonic distance between my system now, and those costing hundreds of thousands of dollars"
2017 Product of the Year
Atmosphere Level 4 Cables and PowerCell 12 UEF