Active Ground Block SX
Sky high performance starts at ground.
The new Active Ground Block SX is a technological trickle-down of our cost-no-object Galileo Active Ground Block plus new technologies that were not developed when we first engineered the Galileo Active Ground Block. First, we start with a Galileo-style chassis machined from a solid billet of aluminum plus carbon fiber to lower distortion related to mechanical vibration. Next, we developed a power supply with technology and lessons learned from our LPS or Linear Power Supply development program for the lowest noise floor of any Active Ground Block to date. We then dialed up the performance of our ULF bias of ground by introducing duel harmonics of the Schuman Resonance instead of just one with technology developed for our upcoming 2023 Galileo PowerCell. We also focused on making the new Active Ground Block SX more practical than the popular PowerCell SE by upping the number of ground points from 22 to 32. This means you can ground an additional ten components, cable shields, system racks, or anything in your system made from a conductive material to maximize system performance. Finally, audition the Active Ground Block SX in your system and discover why we say ultimate performance starts at ground level.
Synergistic Research Cables
- Synergistic Research Galileo UEF and Atmosphere Cables
- Synergistic Research Tranquility Bases
- Synergistic Research Atmospheres
- Turntables – Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post on Turntable
- Phono-stage - Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post
- Digital to Analog Converters (DACs) – Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Reel to Reel Tape - Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Pre-Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Power Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground. Note: Many power amplifiers will sound best without the ground engaged. Try your power amp and speaker cables with and without the ground attached and choose what sounds best for your system.
- USB Devices – Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Audio Computers - 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Any Component with an active circuit inside – Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Shown with Synergistic Research Tranquility Carbon and FEQ Carbon Acoustic Field Generator
Shown with McIntosh C50 Preamplifier
SR Purple Fuse installed
Beauty is in the eye of the fuse holder.
Active Ground Block SX
We recommend listening with your high-end headphones or download the hi-rez audio files to listen through your audio system. In-home auditions are available from your Synergistic Research dealer.
SR Active Ground Block Power Cables
Upgrade and save.
Shown (above) with Foundation 12awg AC
Power cable upgrades.
Active Ground Block SX specifications:
US 120V MSRP –$2,995.00
Bundled with $599.00 Foundation SX AC Cable (5 ft.)
INTL 230V MSRP –$3,195.00
Bundled with $599.00 Foundation SX AC Cable (5 ft.)
All models come with (4) 4ft and (2) 8ft standard ground leads for use with Atmosphere and Galileo Cables.
- Construction: Aircraft Aluminum
- Dimensions: Height 2.7″ x Width 10″ x Depth 6″
- Weight: 5.5 lbs.
- Internal Active UEF
- Connector Input: 1 each 15 amp IEC
- 99.995% Pure Silver Ground Strap: 52 square centimeters
- SR Quantum Capacitor
- Point-to-point wiring
- Silver Solder 4%
- Hand Built Time: 2.5 hours
- Quantum Tunneling: SRX
- 5 Day Burn In: 2 Step Process
Voltage and current Rating:
- Input rating US: 15amp/125v
- Input Rating International (EU/AU/UK): 16amp/250v
Connector Input :
- 32 each 2mm ground ports
- Graphene treatment throughout unit
- Internal “Active” power supply for biasing EM Cells
- 4th generation Internal Gaileo Dual Frequency ULF (Ultra-low frequency) Generator to bias AC to the Earth’s Schumann Resonance for a dramatic drop in a system’s noise floor
- 1 each SR Power Transformers
- 1 each SR Quantum Capacitor in EM Cell power supply and ULF field generator
- 1 each 15 amp IEC
- 1 each On/Off switch
- 1 each SR Purple 16A Fuse
99.995% Pure Silver
- 52 square centimeters
Available connections for other SR products with SR Ground Plane Technology:
- Synergistic Research Atmosphere: Acoustic Wave Generator
- Synergistic Research FEQ: Frequency Equalizer
- Synergistic Research Tranquility Base Products
Optional High-Def connectivity ground cables are available for the following applications:
- Turntables: Connect to Ground Plug on Turntable
- Digital to Analog Converters (DACs): Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Pre-Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Power Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground.
- USB Devices: Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Any Component with an active circuit inside: Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Foundation SX 12 and 10 awg Power Cable specifications:
Foundation SX 12 AWG
US $599.00/5ft. ($60 per additional 1ft.)
2 each 99.9995% Pure Silver Airstrings
3 each 12 awg. SR Copper:
- Dielectric: (EPDM) Ethylene Propylene and Airstring Dielectric
- Connector Input US: 1 each Synergistic Research C07 Pure Copper
- Connector Input Int’l: 1 each Synergistic Research C07 Pure Copper
- Connector Output US: Synergistic Research G07 Gold IEC 15 amp
- Connector Output Int’l: Synergistic Research G07 Gold IEC 15 amp
- SRX Matrix Shielding: UEF coating with Graphene is applied directly to connectors significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail
- Silver Solder: 4%
- Hand build time: 2 hours
- SRX Quantum Tunneling: After the cable is completely assembled all connections and cabling are treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at specific frequencies and pulse modulations, creating a canal in the conductor material and contact points at the molecular level that allows electrons to flow more freely. This allows the maximum amount of low level information through the conductors and provides for the highest amount of realism in your music
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- Handcrafted in our California factory
Voltage and current Rating:
- US: 20amp/125v
- (EU/AU/UK): 16amp/250v
"One of the most significant effect results of reducing the noise floor and signal compression via the SR AGB SE allowed me to listen to music at much lower volumes without any loss of detail, silence between notes, and dynamics. Component changes alone have never resulted in the type of improvement the SR AGB SE brings to the table. With the SR AGB SE installed I was more engaged with the music and not left searching for it. The SR AGB SE is an integral part of my reviewing system. Highly recommended."
- Mike Girardi - StereoTimes - September 2018
My apologies for some of the hyperbole, but along with the Synergistic Research Galileo SX PowerCell, the Galileo SX Ground Block is possibly the most impressive new product that I have reviewed in the last couple of years. I have mentioned many times that the PowerCell might just be the most important component in my entire system. Now, there is some definite competition. Though each have different functions, both can offer something similar in terms of impact. Both provide a rising tide that can lift all boats.
With the Galileo SX Ground Block in place, I stopped critiquing the sound and was able to just focus on the music. As a typical audiophile, this is always a challenge. Bottom line. The emotional connection and level of personal satisfaction has never been better in my listening room! That's the biggest compliment that I could ever offer. If you are seeking state of the art performance, the Galileo SX Power Block is a must audition. Innovative design. Superb execution. Wonderful results. Highly recommended.
-Robert Youman - Positive Feedback - April 2021
"The resulting impact of these three products is more than the sum of the parts. By that, I mean that with these devices it’s more of a “1+1+1 = 5” effect. The noise floor drops significantly, and with that, I feel like I am hearing everything my system was designed to perform. Honestly, I wish these three devices did not matter as much as they do. It’s a new can of worms to unravel and makes system setup a lot more complex. However, I would never go back to an “untreated” system. The new system sounds more dynamic, more detailed, more lifelike in the soundstage and timbre of the various instruments. In short, it sounds more musical, more real."
-Lee Scoggins - Part-time Audiophile - September 2018
"From the opening seconds, I could feel the atmosphere in the venue. The music had a clarity, presence, and natural feel that, for the first time, made me think there was something worthwhile to streaming music. The sibilance was finally controlled. The soloists were so realistic I could feel something like their personalities in their voices. Musicians were solidly placed in realistic, identifiable positions on the soundstage. Jackson Browne sounded like I had heard him on my reference CD & LP rig. And the applause came from real people in the audience. "
-Rick Becker - Enjoy The Music - November 2021
"The more I listened to my system with the HDG cables and Grounding Block, the more I was convinced that the addition of these products are on the critical path in assembling a truly high performance audio system."
"you would be hard pressed to find a tweak, at this price point, that gives you better bang for your buck. If there is a better grounding solution available for audiophile systems at this price, I have not encountered it yet! That being the case, it was an easy decision to make it a part of my reference system."
-Malcolm Gomes - Positive Feedback - April 2019
"I was not prepared for the major sonic enhancement that these products delivered. The extent of the positive enhancements goes far beyond merely those of a “system tweak”."
"The Synergistic Research passive Grounding Block and Active Ground Block SE have become an indispensable part of our systems. It improves the sound in a way where component and cable swaps just can’t mitigate. If you want to maximize the potential of your system and experience fresh musical highs, we have no hesitation in recommending either of these Synergistic Research grounding blocks."
-Siao Jer - AudioBacon.net - March 2018
"Synergistic Research has become a market leader of innovative audiophile products."
"The effect on our system was immediately obvious: A thin layer of hash that had been below my notice (Ain't it always the way?) was removed, clarifying a system that I already thought was exceptional."
"It certainly made a difference in our test room, making the system seem more organic sounding, more focused, with a bigger soundstage, and a significant reduction in low level hash."