Atmosphere SX Digital Interconnects
Atmosphere SX ALIVE benefits from a new UEF Matrix Shield first developed for our state-of-the-art SRX cable loom for enhanced resolution and musical refinement over the prior X variant. We then applied the same high voltage long duration conditioning process, and a new UEF compound first developed for Synergistic Research Purple fuses. The result is a digital cable that excels in natural three-dimensionality with resolution and easy listening enjoyment found only in the most expensive digital transmission lines.
UEF Matrix Shield with Graphene
Learn more about UEF Matrix Shield
The previous Atmosphere X Series Cables started as an experiment to explore ways of improving UEF Shielding by placing UEF Tech at strategic grid points on the shields of Atmosphere cables, now called Matrix Shielding. Matrix Shielding arranges UEF elements on a grid pattern of the cable shield to lower its noise floor. Atmosphere SX refines Matrix Shielding further by using new Carbon Fibre UEF Tuning Discs developed expressly for Atmosphere SX to enhance the loom's ability to cancel noise that would otherwise cause high frequencies to sound harsh or fatiguing. As a result of our ongoing research into UEF Shielding, we have pushed the resolution envelope when voicing Atmosphere SX by developing new Carbon Fibre UEF Tuning Discs for a more holographic sound with enhanced resolution and musicality.
UEF Ground Plane
Learn more about Ground Plane
Atmosphere SX Digital interconnects incorporate the capability to ground your cables to either a wall outlet with the included SR Ground plug or to a Synergistic Research Ground Block (sold separately) to elevate the performance even further. Benefits include a noticeable increase in deep bass power and weight, a more holographic sound field, smoother high frequencies with greater extension and ‘air’, a more present and layered mid-range, increased tonal density with an apparent increase in resolution.
SRX Long Duration High Voltage Conditioning.
After perfecting the most natural-sounding and holographic cables in our history, we set out to take them further with a new high voltage conditioning process that applies a sweeping frequency plot for an extended duration. We experimented with dozens of frequencies in different combinations over a prolonged time period before landing on just the right mix. We even built a new Tesla Coil to handle the excess heat generated during long conditioning sessions. Once finalized, the SRX conditioning process created holographic realism and timbrel accuracy far beyond our previous Tesla Coil conditioning protocol.
Atmosphere SX Alive Digital Interconnect Specifications:
US $895.00/1m Each - SPDIF
US $995.00/1m Each - AES/EBU
1 each UEF Digital:
- Silver Matrix Signal conductor: Monocrystal conductors with copper core
- Dielectric: Solid Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Maximum Frequency: 12.4 Ghz
- Shielding: Silver Braid -Quantum Tunneled UEF and Ground Plane Technology
- Geometry: SPDIF single run / AES/EBU double run
Ground Plane wire:
- Mult-conductor Silver/Copper with Teflon dielectric
- Gold plated 2mm Banana Ground Plane connector
RCA and XLR Connectors:
- Silver Teflon SR 20 SPDIF or Neutrik NC3FX-BAG, NC3MX-BAG, AES/EBU connectors
- Gold plated 2mm Banana Ground Plane connector
- 6 (SPDIF), 8 (AES/EBU) point-to-point hand soldered connections
- Atmosphere SX Level 2 UEF Matrix Shielding: UEF coating with Graphene is applied directly to connectors significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail
- Silver Solder: 4%
- Hand build time: 1.0 hour
- SRX Long Duration Quantum Tunneling: Post Production process, 1 million volts are passed through finished cable providing a “canal” that allows electrons to pass more freely through conductor material and connections
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in our California factory
SR Ground Block (optional):
Atmosphere SX Alive Digital Interconnects have shields that can be grounded direct to earth with supplied ground cables bypassing your component’s power supplies for a lower system noise floor.
- To improve performance further still use an optional SR Ground Block with its UEF Ground Filter to elevate overall system performance; not only can you star ground and UEF filter the shields on all Galileo UEF interconnects and speaker cables in your system, but can also ground all of your system’s components to the Ground Block for a dramatic lowering of your system’s noise floor for greater detail, clarity and musicality.
Upgrade your XLR
Connectors are not all created equal. After years of research into connector design we chose high purity, high conductivity, low mass Silver as the base material for SR20 RCA and XLR connectors to deliver more refined detail and accurate information. Teflon is used for it's dielectric properties and the special design gives the greatest area of contact both for wire and plugs insuring that all of your music will get through. These high performance connectors are standard on our Flagship Galileo Interconnects and can be added to Atmosphere as a performance driven upgrade path.
"The Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria cables are nothing short of compelling. They strike the perfect balance of smooth, full, and resolving. It’s a mesmerizing sound that will keep you in your seat – listening for hours upon hours. It sure did for me."
Siao Jer - Audio Bacon - April 2019
"The Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria (Level 3) interconnects and speaker cables, along with the Atmosphere UEF (Level 3) power cables, have rekindled my passion for the very best in sound and performance. I had not realized that there was so much more musical information available that could transform my system well beyond flavor or personality."
Robert Youman -Positive Feedback - September 2018
At some point, later in life, we acquire fine components, realizing that they will become our "forever" amp or loudspeaker. The Excite SX cables qualify for that status for me. I wish I had reached this level a decade ago. But in the case of Synergistic Research cables, who can really say "forever"? Ted Denney and Synergistic Research are showing no signs of slowing down their creativity or technological innovation.
Rick Becker - Enjoy the Music - April 2022
"Finally, moving on to the Euphoria Level 3, and once again I heard more of the same. I made out a firmer bass line and more articulate piano playing. The decay of the notes seemed more evident, and overall the sound had noticeably greater subtlety, finesse, and delicacy. There was something more, as I felt more drawn into the music."
Jimmy Hughes -Stereonet - March 2021
“First, compared to the Elements, the Atmospheres had a naturally warmer, more organic, and harmonically fuller sound that lacked the older cables’ relatively sharp edges.”
"Synergistic Research cables and devices, was absolutely thrilling, with tremendous dynamic impact, presence, and detail"
"The Synergistic Research set of cables are expansive in all three dimensions, revealing with resolution and raw details, incredibly quiet in its noise floor with a lot of bass extension in treble energy."
Siao Jer - Audio Bacon - August 2018
“I just couldn’t find a flaw in the SR Atmosphere speaker cables”
"Once you have heard the difference these speaker cables can make to your system, you cannot un-hear it"
“Better sound for less money from the same manufacturer? My goodness, how often does this happen?”
"I wouldn't have believed they could have made such a difference. Combining the two, there is not much sonic distance between my system now, and those costing hundreds of thousands of dollars"
2017 Product of the Year
Atmosphere Level 4 Cables and PowerCell 12 UEF