Galileo SX Ground Block
The heart of your system.
Preorders available. Contact your authorized SR dealer.
The Galileo Active Ground Block is a top to bottom re-engineering of our award winning Active Ground Block SE with technology originally designed for our Galileo SX PowerCell as well as new technologies expressly developed to make this the world’s highest performance ground filter for your stereo. We start with a new chassis machined from a solid billet of aluminum and carbon fiber to address unwanted vibration and chassis resonance that would otherwise lower your system’s performance. We then re-engineered the internal Electromagnetic Cell increasing the number of active filters from one as found in our Active Ground Black SE to three Active Em Cells with Galileo SX PowerCell technology. This includes 2 x rolled EM Cells in carbon fiber housings to control resonance and one flat Carbon Fiber Electromagnetic Cell with a copper mesh Ground Plane as found in our Galileo SX PowerCell. We then turned up the gain in a new ULF Generator for three times the signal strength of the Active Ground Block SE for a significant gain in performance. And since the Galileo Ground Block was developed in conjunction with our limited edition 2ndGeneration Galileo SX PowerCell it shares its ability to custom tune the sound of the ground filter to compliment your system and personal tastes by changing the bias frequency of the ULF signal generator. By pressing a button on the back of the Galileo Ground Block you change the frequency that biases its three Active EM Cells and this changes the characteristic sound of your system. There is a default setting shared with our current Active Ground Blocks and two new frequencies that make your system sound more liquid or dynamic and holographic; the choice is yours. And to make keeping track of which frequency you have selected easy, when you press the button, it changes the color of the light inside the unit, visible from the view window on the top of the unit. We also added new useful features like the ability to directly wire both your PowerCell line conditioner and Atmosphere Acoustic Field Generator to increase their performance.
99.9995% Pure 14awg Silver point-to-point wiring
2 each Active Folded EM Ground Cells 25% larger
UEF Ground Plane (Copper in center of unit)
New Galileo SX PCB with multi-setting ULF generator
UEF Orange Capacitors
New Multi-stage Quantum tunnel treatment
44 mini BFA ports
2 dedicated ground ports for SR Atmosphere and PowerCell conditioners
Gold Tuning Modules
New Galileo SX ULF Generator.
3 ULF settings.
We engineered the Galileo SX Ground Block with a redesigned circuit that controls the heart of the ground conditioner; its Electromagnetic Cells. This new circuit includes new UEF Orange Capacitors built with the same technology as our award-winning Orange Fuses for a lower perceived noise floor and better overall musicality. The circuit itself has 3 x the output strength of the circuit it replaces to increase the filtration power of all the internal Electromagnetic Cells. But perhaps the most exciting feature is a new multi-frequency Ultra Low Frequency (ULF) generator that allows you to select between multiple generator frequency settings. Press a button at the back of the Galileo SX Ground Block and contour the sound of your system to fit your unique preferences. Select between the original default Galileo SX setting plus new settings, one with a deep and velvety smooth soundfield, another with lively tempo and enhanced dynamics. With a Galileo SX Ground Block, the choice is yours.
2 each 25% Larger Folded EM Ground Cells.
Now biased with Galileo SX ULF Generator.
The two-carbon fiber tubes you see in the Galileo SX Ground Block are folded Active Electromagnetic Cells. The folded cells have been used on SR Power conditioners for years, but Galileo SX Ground Block is the first SR Ground devices to incorporate these cells which are 25% denser than prior folded EM Cells; this means greater filtration for a lower noise floor and enhanced dynamics. We also bias the folded EM Cells plus the flat EM Cell, below the center copper mesh, with the new multi-setting Galileo SX ULF generator. Prior SR active ground devices only bias the single flat EM Cell. 25% more filtration combined with biasing the EM Cells improves your system’s ability to soundstage over the already excellent soundstaging of other SR Ground devices.
Galileo SX Ground Block PCB
and 24K Gold Tuning Modules.
Synergistic Research Cables
When using Atmosphere Interconnects and Speaker Cables Levels 2–4 or Galileo UEF, the Active Ground Block applies our UEF technology directly to the ground path’s shields, lowering the noise floor and ramping up overall performance.
- Synergistic Research Galileo UEF and Atmosphere Cables
- Synergistic Research Tranquility Bases
- Synergistic Research Atmospheres
- Turntables – Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post on Turntable
- Phono-stage - Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post
- Digital to Analog Converters (DACs) – Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Reel to Reel Tape - Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Pre-Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Power Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground.
- USB Devices – Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Audio Computers - 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Any Component with an active circuit inside – Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground
"One of the most significant effect results of reducing the noise floor and signal compression via the SR AGB SE allowed me to listen to music at much lower volumes without any loss of detail, silence between notes, and dynamics. Component changes alone have never resulted in the type of improvement the SR AGB SE brings to the table. With the SR AGB SE installed I was more engaged with the music and not left searching for it. The SR AGB SE is an integral part of my reviewing system. Highly recommended."
- Mike Girardi - StereoTimes - September 2018
"The Synergistic Research passive Grounding Block and Active Ground Block SE have become an indispensable part of our systems. It improves the sound in a way where component and cable swaps just can’t mitigate. If you want to maximize the potential of your system and experience fresh musical highs, we have no hesitation in recommending either of these Synergistic Research grounding blocks."
-Siao Jer - AudioBacon.net - March 2018
"The resulting impact of these three products is more than the sum of the parts. By that, I mean that with these devices it’s more of a “1+1+1 = 5” effect. The noise floor drops significantly, and with that, I feel like I am hearing everything my system was designed to perform. Honestly, I wish these three devices did not matter as much as they do. It’s a new can of worms to unravel and makes system setup a lot more complex. However, I would never go back to an “untreated” system. The new system sounds more dynamic, more detailed, more lifelike in the soundstage and timbre of the various instruments. In short, it sounds more musical, more real."
-Lee Scoggins - Part-time Audiophile - September 2018
"The more I listened to my system with the HDG cables and Grounding Block, the more I was convinced that the addition of these products are on the critical path in assembling a truly high performance audio system."
"you would be hard pressed to find a tweak, at this price point, that gives you better bang for your buck. If there is a better grounding solution available for audiophile systems at this price, I have not encountered it yet! That being the case, it was an easy decision to make it a part of my reference system."
-Malcolm Gomes - Positive Feedback - April 2019
"I was not prepared for the major sonic enhancement that these products delivered. The extent of the positive enhancements goes far beyond merely those of a “system tweak”."
"Synergistic Research has become a market leader of innovative audiophile products."
"The effect on our system was immediately obvious: A thin layer of hash that had been below my notice (Ain't it always the way?) was removed, clarifying a system that I already thought was exceptional."
"It certainly made a difference in our test room, making the system seem more organic sounding, more focused, with a bigger soundstage, and a significant reduction in low level hash."
Galileo SX Ground Block Specifications:
US 120V MSRP –$7,495.00
Bundled with $2,999.00 Atmosphere Euphoria AC Cable
INTL 230V MSRP –$7,995.00
Bundled with 2,999.00 Atmosphere Euphoria AC Cable
- Construction: Aircraft Aluminum, Carbon Fiber
- Dimensions: Dimensions: Height 3.5″ x Width 17.5″ x Depth 10.5″
- 2 each Internal Active UEF EM folded Ground Cells
- 1 each Internal Active UEF EM flat Ground Cells
- Connector Input: 1 each 15 amp IEC
- 99.995% Pure Silver Ground Strap: 52 square centimeters
- UEF Orange Capacitors
- 99.9995% Pure 14 Awg Silver Point-to-point wiring
- Silver Solder 4%
- Hand Built Time: 8 hours
- Quantum Tunneling: UEF Multi-Stage
- 5 Day Burn In: 2 Step Process
Voltage and current Rating:
- Input rating US: 15amp/125v
- Input Rating International (EU/AU/UK): 16amp/250v
Connector Input :
- 44 each 2mm ground ports
Internal Active UEF EM Horizontal Plane Cell area:
- 380 square centimeters
- 2 x Internal Active UEF EM Folded Carbon Fiber Cell area: 1142 square centimeters total
Galileo SX ULF Generator:
- Designed for the Galileo SX Ground Block and Galileo SX PowerCell, the newly developed multi-setting Ultra Low Frequency (ULF) generator allows users to select between multiple generator frequency settings. Providing the ability to adjust the characteristics of your Galileo SX ground/power components to perfectly match your system and music selections.
- Graphene treatment throughout unit
- Internal “Active” power supply for biasing EM Cells
- 3rd generation Internal ULF (Ultra-low frequency) Generator to bias AC to the Earth’s Schumann Resonance for a dramatic drop in a system’s noise floor
- 2 each SR Power Transformers
- 8 each UEF Orange Capacitor in EM Cell power supply and ULF field generator
- 1 each 15 amp IEC
- 1 each On/Off switch
Available connections for other SR products with SR Ground Plane Technology:
- Synergistic Research Atmosphere: Acoustic Wave Generator
- Synergistic Research FEQ: Frequency Equalizer
- Synergistic Research Tranquility Base Products
Optional High-Def connectivity ground cables are available for the following applications:
- Turntables: Connect to Ground Plug on Turntable
- Digital to Analog Converters (DACs): Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Pre-Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Power Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground.
- USB Devices: Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Any Component with an active circuit inside: Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Atmosphere X Euphoria AC Power CAble
with included Galileo UEF Tuning Modules
Atmosphere X Euphoria Power Cable
Global MSRP US $2995.00/5ft
3 each 12 awg. Copper Matrix Alloy:
- Dielectric: Modified PE
- Shielding: Braided Ground Plane Technology
- Geometry: 2 channel
3 each Silver Air String:
- Silver Air Strings: 99.9999% pure mono crystal silver conductor
- 4 separate conductors RCA / 8 separate conductors XLR
- Dielectric: PTFE Air (sealed)
- Shielding: Ground Plane Technology
- Hand crafted in our California factory
1 each Active Shielding UEF Cell:
- Modified Swiss-made DC bias Power Supply
- UEF: Graphene treated pcb
- SR Quantum Capacitors
- Dielectric: PTFE
- Shielding: Ground Plane Technology
- Housing: Carbon Fiber Cylinder
1 each Red Active Module:
- For lowest noise floor, completes Active bias circuit
1 each Gold UEF Tuning Passive Module:
- Optional voicing for increased warmth, liquidity
- Connector Input US: 1 each Synergistic Research G07 Pure Gold
- Connector Input Int’l: 1 each Synergistic Research G07 Pure Gold Schuko
- Connector Output US: Synergistic Research G07 Pure Gold IEC 15 amp and 20 amp connectors
- Connector Output Int’l: Synergistic Research G07 Pure Gold IEC 15 amp and 20 amp connectors
- 32 point-to-point hand soldered connections
- Atmosphere Level 4 UEF Matrix Shielding: 2 different UEF coatings with Graphene are applied to UEF Cell, connectors and cabling and ground significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail. The conductors and ground plane and UEF Cell also benefit from dampening effect that UEF provides
1 Termination for Atmosphere Active Tuning Module (Red)
- 1 Termination for Atmosphere UEF Passive Tuning Module (Gold)
- Silver Solder: 4%
- Hand build time: 2.5 hours
- Quantum Tunneling: Before the Active power supply is incorporated all connections and cabling are treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at specific frequencies and pulse modulations, creating a canal in the conductor material and contact points at the molecular level that lets electrons to flow more freely. This also allows the “Active Shielding” to work more efficiently yielding the maximum amount of low level information through the conductors and provides for the highest amount of realism in your music
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in our California factory
with Galileo UEF Tuning Modules ($1995 MSRP)
with Galileo UEF Tuning Modules ($3495 MSRP)