Galileo SX Ground Block MkII
The heart of your system.
Introducing the Galileo SX Ground Block Mk II - the ultimate ground filter for your stereo system. We’ve taken our award-winning Galileo SX Active Ground Block and re-engineered it with cutting-edge technology originally developed through our cost-no-object, ultra-performance Galileo SX PowerCell.
The chassis of the Galileo SX Ground Block Mk II is machined from a solid billet of aluminum and carbon fiber to minimize unwanted vibrations and chassis resonance that can negatively impact your system’s performance. Inside, the Electromagnetic Cell features three Active Em Cells with Galileo SX PowerCell technology - two rolled EM Cells in carbon fiber housings to control resonance and one flat Carbon Fiber Electromagnetic Cell with a copper mesh Ground Plane.
What’s new? The Galileo SX Ground Block Mk II also features an improved multi Frequency ULF generator now with dual channels, with twice the signal strength of the original Galileo Active Ground Block SX. And a redesigned linear power supply that powers the internal ULF generator and active EM cells. Both of which exhibit major improvements with the newly implemented LPS technology.
With 70 ground ports, the Galileo SX Ground Block Mk II is capable of accommodating even the most extravagant ultra-systems. And, just like its predecessor, it can be custom-tuned to complement your system and personal tastes by changing the bias frequency of the ULF signal generator. Pressing a button on the back of the unit changes the frequency that biases its three Active EM Cells, altering the characteristic sound of your system.
Experience the ultimate in ground filtering technology with the Galileo SX Ground Block Mk II.
99.9995% Pure 14awg Silver point-to-point wiring
2 each Active Folded EM Ground Cells 25% larger
UEF Ground Plane (Copper in center of unit)
UEF Orange Capacitors
Multi-stage Quantum tunnel treatment
2 dedicated ground ports for SR Atmosphere and PowerCell conditioners
Gold Tuning Modules
New Galileo SX MkII PCB
New dual channel multi-setting ULF generator
New built in Linear Power Supply
New 70 mini BFA ground ports
New Galileo SX Dual Channel ULF Generator.
4 ULF settings.
One of the most unique and exciting features of the Galileo SX Ground Block Mk II is the variable, dual-channel ULF signal generator. This cutting-edge technology allows you to select between four harmonics of the Earth’s Schumann Resonance to bias the internal Electromagnetic Cells to optimize the performance of your Galileo Ground Block SX Mk II to match your system and music choice.
Four frequency bias, one perfect sound.
When you select the Purple Frequency, you will see a purple light illuminating the internal circuit of your Galileo SX Ground Block. Purple is the default setting for systems that have a Synergistic Research Atmosphere or FEQ Acoustic Field Generator. Choose this setting when you want a cross between the Blue and Red frequency’s sonic balance.
When you select the Blue Frequency, you see a blue light illuminating the internal circuit of the Galileo SX Ground Block. This is the most focused sound option with strong dynamics and precise imaging with a more forward sound than the other options.
When you select the Red Frequency, you see a red light illuminating the Galileo SX Ground Block’s internal circuit. This is the setting if you want to maximum soundstage scale with a deep soundstage that also envelops your listening position. This setting works best when you also have Synergistic Research acoustic products like HFT’s, Black Boxes, and Atmosphere or FEQ acoustic field generators.
When you select the Green Frequency, you see a green light illuminating the Galileo SX Ground Block’s internal circuit. Green is the default setting if you do not have an Atmosphere Acoustic Field Generator in your system. Fun fact, Green is the default bias frequency for the original Galileo SX PowerCell / Active Ground Block SE.
2 each 25% Larger Folded EM Ground Cells.
Now biased with Galileo SX ULF Generator.
The two-carbon fiber tubes you see in the Galileo SX Ground Block are folded Active Electromagnetic Cells. The folded cells have been used on SR Power conditioners for years, but Galileo SX Ground Block is the first SR Ground devices to incorporate these cells which are 25% denser than prior folded EM Cells; this means greater filtration for a lower noise floor and enhanced dynamics. We also bias the folded EM Cells plus the flat EM Cell, below the center copper mesh, with the new multi-setting Galileo SX ULF generator. Prior SR active ground devices only bias the single flat EM Cell. 25% more filtration combined with biasing the EM Cells improves your system’s ability to soundstage over the already excellent soundstaging of other SR Ground devices.
Galileo SX Ground Block PCB
and 24K Gold Tuning Modules.
Synergistic Research Cables
When using applicable Atmosphere, Galileo or SRX series cables, the Active Ground Block applies our UEF technology directly to the ground path’s shields, lowering the noise floor and ramping up overall performance.
- Synergistic Research SRX, Galileo, and Atmosphere Cables
- Synergistic Research Tranquility Bases
- Synergistic Research Atmosphere or FEQ
- Turntables – Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post on Turntable
- Phono-stage - Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post
- Digital to Analog Converters (DACs) – Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Reel to Reel Tape - Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Pre-Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Power Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground.
- USB Devices – Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Audio Computers - 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Any Component with an active circuit inside – Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Metal Racks
- Even yourself! (SR MetaGround SX)
SR Purple Fuse installed
Beauty is in the eye of the fuse holder.
"One of the most significant effect results of reducing the noise floor and signal compression via the SR AGB SE allowed me to listen to music at much lower volumes without any loss of detail, silence between notes, and dynamics. Component changes alone have never resulted in the type of improvement the SR AGB SE brings to the table. With the SR AGB SE installed I was more engaged with the music and not left searching for it. The SR AGB SE is an integral part of my reviewing system. Highly recommended."
- Mike Girardi - StereoTimes - September 2018
My apologies for some of the hyperbole, but along with the Synergistic Research Galileo SX PowerCell, the Galileo SX Ground Block is possibly the most impressive new product that I have reviewed in the last couple of years. I have mentioned many times that the PowerCell might just be the most important component in my entire system. Now, there is some definite competition. Though each have different functions, both can offer something similar in terms of impact. Both provide a rising tide that can lift all boats.
With the Galileo SX Ground Block in place, I stopped critiquing the sound and was able to just focus on the music. As a typical audiophile, this is always a challenge. Bottom line. The emotional connection and level of personal satisfaction has never been better in my listening room! That's the biggest compliment that I could ever offer. If you are seeking state of the art performance, the Galileo SX Power Block is a must audition. Innovative design. Superb execution. Wonderful results. Highly recommended.
-Robert Youman - Positive Feedback - April 2021
"The resulting impact of these three products is more than the sum of the parts. By that, I mean that with these devices it’s more of a “1+1+1 = 5” effect. The noise floor drops significantly, and with that, I feel like I am hearing everything my system was designed to perform. Honestly, I wish these three devices did not matter as much as they do. It’s a new can of worms to unravel and makes system setup a lot more complex. However, I would never go back to an “untreated” system. The new system sounds more dynamic, more detailed, more lifelike in the soundstage and timbre of the various instruments. In short, it sounds more musical, more real."
-Lee Scoggins - Part-time Audiophile - September 2018
"From the opening seconds, I could feel the atmosphere in the venue. The music had a clarity, presence, and natural feel that, for the first time, made me think there was something worthwhile to streaming music. The sibilance was finally controlled. The soloists were so realistic I could feel something like their personalities in their voices. Musicians were solidly placed in realistic, identifiable positions on the soundstage. Jackson Browne sounded like I had heard him on my reference CD & LP rig. And the applause came from real people in the audience. "
-Rick Becker - Enjoy The Music - November 2021
"The more I listened to my system with the HDG cables and Grounding Block, the more I was convinced that the addition of these products are on the critical path in assembling a truly high performance audio system."
"you would be hard pressed to find a tweak, at this price point, that gives you better bang for your buck. If there is a better grounding solution available for audiophile systems at this price, I have not encountered it yet! That being the case, it was an easy decision to make it a part of my reference system."
-Malcolm Gomes - Positive Feedback - April 2019
"I was not prepared for the major sonic enhancement that these products delivered. The extent of the positive enhancements goes far beyond merely those of a “system tweak”."
"The Synergistic Research passive Grounding Block and Active Ground Block SE have become an indispensable part of our systems. It improves the sound in a way where component and cable swaps just can’t mitigate. If you want to maximize the potential of your system and experience fresh musical highs, we have no hesitation in recommending either of these Synergistic Research grounding blocks."
-Siao Jer - AudioBacon.net - March 2018
"Synergistic Research has become a market leader of innovative audiophile products."
"The effect on our system was immediately obvious: A thin layer of hash that had been below my notice (Ain't it always the way?) was removed, clarifying a system that I already thought was exceptional."
"It certainly made a difference in our test room, making the system seem more organic sounding, more focused, with a bigger soundstage, and a significant reduction in low level hash."
Active Ground Block SX
We recommend listening with your high-end headphones or download the hi-rez audio files to listen through your audio system. In-home auditions are available from your Synergistic Research dealer.
Download to listen on your high resolution audio system
Active Ground Block SX On - Download
Active Ground Block SX Off - Download
Galileo SX MkII Ground Block Specifications:
Bundled with $3,495.00 Atmosphere SX Euphoria AC Cable
includes Galileo SX Active and Passive Tuning Modules ($500 value)
120V MSRP –$7995
230v MSRP - $8495
Bundled with $6,995.00 Galileo Discovery Power Cable
120V MSRP –$9995
230V MSRP –$10495
Bundled with $10,000.00 Galileo Discovery Power Cable
120V MSRP –$12495
230V MSRP –$12995
All models come with (1) HD SX Ground cable to connect the included power cable to the Galileo SX Ground Block. Plus (4) 4ft and (2) 8ft standard ground leads for use with Atmosphere and SR cables.
- Construction: Aircraft Aluminum, Carbon Fiber
- Dimensions: Dimensions: Height 3.5″ x Width 17.5″ x Depth 10.5″
- Weight: 22lbs.
- 2 each Internal Active UEF EM folded Ground Cells
- 1 each Internal Active UEF EM flat Ground Cells
- Connector Input: 1 each 15 amp IEC
- 99.995% Pure Silver Ground Strap: 52 square centimeters
- UEF Orange Capacitors
- 99.9995% Pure 14 Awg Silver Point-to-point wiring
- Silver Solder 4%
- Hand Built Time: 8 hours
- Quantum Tunneling: UEF Multi-Stage
- 5 Day Burn In: 2 Step Process
Voltage and current Rating:
- Input rating US: 15amp/125v
- Input Rating International (EU/AU/UK): 16amp/250v
Connector Input :
- 44 each 2mm ground ports
Internal Active UEF EM Horizontal Plane Cell area:
- 380 square centimeters
- 2 x Internal Active UEF EM Folded Carbon Fiber Cell area: 1142 square centimeters total
Galileo SX ULF Generator:
- Designed for the Galileo SX Ground Block and Galileo SX PowerCell, the newly developed multi-setting Ultra Low Frequency (ULF) generator allows users to select between multiple generator frequency settings. Providing the ability to adjust the characteristics of your Galileo SX ground/power components to perfectly match your system and music selections.
- Graphene treatment throughout unit
- Internal “Active” power supply for biasing EM Cells
- 3rd generation Internal ULF (Ultra-low frequency) Generator to bias AC to the Earth’s Schumann Resonance for a dramatic drop in a system’s noise floor
- 2 each SR Power Transformers
- 8 each UEF Orange Capacitor in EM Cell power supply and ULF field generator
- 1 each 15 amp IEC
- 1 each On/Off switch
Available connections for other SR products with SR Ground Plane Technology:
- Synergistic Research Atmosphere: Acoustic Wave Generator
- Synergistic Research FEQ: Frequency Equalizer
- Synergistic Research Tranquility Base Products
Optional High-Def connectivity ground cables are available for the following applications:
- Turntables: Connect to Ground Plug on Turntable
- Digital to Analog Converters (DACs): Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Pre-Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Power Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground.
- USB Devices: Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Any Component with an active circuit inside: Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Atmosphere SX Euphoria AC Power CAble
with included Galileo Tuning Modules
Atmosphere SX Euphoria Power Cable
Global MSRP US $3,495.00/5ft
3 each 12 awg. Copper Matrix Alloy:
- Dielectric: Modified PE
- Shielding: Braided Ground Plane Technology
3 each Silver Air String:
- Silver Air Strings: 99.9999% pure mono crystal silver conductor
- Dielectric: PTFE Air (sealed)
- Shielding: Ground Plane Technology
- Hand crafted in our California factory
1 each Active Shielding UEF Cell:
- Modified Swiss-made DC bias Power Supply
- UEF: Graphene treated pcb
- SR Quantum Capacitors
- Dielectric: PTFE
- Shielding: Ground Plane Technology
- Housing: Carbon Fiber Cylinder
1 each Red Active Module:
- For lowest noise floor, completes Active bias circuit
1 each Gold UEF Tuning Passive Module:
- Optional voicing for increased warmth, liquidity
- Connector Input US: 1 each Synergistic Research G07 Pure Gold
- Connector Input Int’l: 1 each Synergistic Research G07 Pure Gold Schuko
- Connector Output US: Synergistic Research G07 Pure Gold IEC 15 amp and 20 amp connectors
- Connector Output Int’l: Synergistic Research G07 Pure Gold IEC 15 amp and 20 amp connectors
- 32 point-to-point hand soldered connections
- Atmosphere Level 4 UEF Matrix Shielding: 2 different UEF coatings with Graphene are applied to UEF Cell, connectors and cabling and ground significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail. The conductors and ground plane and UEF Cell also benefit from dampening effect that UEF provides
1 Termination for Atmosphere Active Tuning Module (Red)
- 1 Termination for Atmosphere UEF Passive Tuning Module (Gold)
- Silver Solder: 4%
- Hand build time: 2.5 hours
- Quantum Tunneling: Before the Active power supply is incorporated all connections and cabling are treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at specific frequencies and pulse modulations, creating a canal in the conductor material and contact points at the molecular level that lets electrons to flow more freely. This also allows the “Active Shielding” to work more efficiently yielding the maximum amount of low level information through the conductors and provides for the highest amount of realism in your music
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in our California factory
Compare the Ground Blocks