Before there was UEF Tech there was Acoustic ART, our first foray into the field of sympathetic resonance as an alternate means of treating room acoustics. Vibratron is a handmade multi-frequency resonator which anchors the focal point of your sound field to your listening room, expanding and clarifying your listening experience. Vibratron works by resonating in response to acoustic pressure created by your speakers. When excited, Vibratron radiates even-order harmonics in a 360-degree wave pattern in sympathy with the music, focusing and expanding the soundstage. Additionally, Vibratron improves your room’s acoustic response to music creating a more organic and musical sound. Acoustic instruments sound more natural with organic timbre and the entire vocal range sounds more present and three-dimensional. To get the most from Vibratron, it is highly recommended that you consult with either the factory or your dealer who will advise you on placement as well as other acoustic components, like our, HFT’s, Black Box and Atmosphere generator, that work synergistically together to create a whole greater than the sum of its parts.
Includes 70″ tall stand, Gold Vibratron, and Silver Vibratron
(Limited edition 32″ stand available)
Vibratron is hand built in limited quantities. Item will be shipped in standard (non SR custom) packaging. Extended lead times may apply.
Location, Location, Location
How to set up Vibratron(s)
1. Place the Vibratron between the speakers, at a distance of 2-6ft from the back wall. (note, if the rod is not perpendicular to the floor, you can spin the entire stand until it is straight).
2. Slide the gold Vibratron onto the stand, adjust its position so that it’s at eye level when listening to the system, and lock into place with the set screw and included wrench.
3. Play a familiar song with a natural-sounding vocal in the center of the soundstage.
4. Pay attention to the focus of the center of the soundstage. Then move the Vibratron up by 1 inch and listen. Then move the Vibratron down 1 inch and listen.
5. Continue to move the Vibratron 1 inch at a time, in which ever direction is providing the best results, until the results are worse. Then return the Vibratron to the most recent placement.
6. To fine tune, now listen to the Vibratron 1/2″ higher and then 1/2″ lower. Choose the position that produces the most natural, precise, and focused center stage.
7. Slide the chrome Vibratron onto the stand and lock it in place at the very top of the stand.
8. Play the same song and move the chrome Vibratron down 1/2″ at a time until you find the best position.
9. Focus on soundstage height, extension, and overall tonality.
The final result should be a natural, precise, and focused center stage while maintaining a large, layered, and 3-dimensional soundstage. Note, in most cases, both the gold and chrome Vibratron will remain within 3″ of their starting locations.
Copper Ground Coupler
This goes to 11.
For highest performance, connect the Vibratron SX to your Synergistic Research Active Ground Block with an HD SX Ground Cable (sold separately).