Atmosphere X Rel Spec Subwoofer
Not just a cable, a system-wide upgrade.
Atmosphere X REL Spec cables are a surprise breakthrough, much like SR power cords with a fantastic ability to improve nearly all aspects of system performance. Listening notes taken during the development process listed deeper and tighter bass, so much so we were forced to turn down both of subwoofers in our reference system. Other improvements noted was a significant increase in soundstaging and most shocking, increased air and transparency in the high frequencies as well as a more fleshed out mid-range. To make this possible, current SR Technologies were applied, including a new two-stage high voltage treatment process first developed for our World’s Reference Galileo SX cables and our latest Tricon Silver Matrix geometry with Teflon dialectrics. In short, these new REL Spec cables should be at the top of the list to audition for anyone with REL Subwoofers wanting to get maximum performance not only in the lower registers but a complete upgrade to the sound of your system.
UEF Matrix Shield with Graphene
Learn more about UEF Matrix Shield
Atmosphere X began when we started exploring ways to improve our UEF Shielding by applying UEF Technology first developed for our BLUE Fuses to Atmosphere Series cables. By placing UEF Tech in a grid pattern on the shields of Atmosphere cables we were able to dramatically lower the noise floor with a surprising increase in musicality or the subjective enjoyment of music. We then began a painstaking double-blind 6-month trial where we would listen to seemingly identical cables marked with random alphanumeric codes to conceal differing patterns of UEF Tech inside each prototype cable and record which options elicited the strongest responses among a control group of listeners. By gauging actual emotional response, we were able to isolate grid patterns that better conveyed the essence of music. We would then build on these patterns to find additional patterns that performed better than the last. In this way, our latest shielding technology is highly evolved from anything we have ever done before with each shield pattern selected for its ability to not only lower a cable’s noise floor but to also convey a greater sense of musical enjoyment. The net result is the most advanced shielding technology we have ever developed with each model in the Atmosphere X Series gaining a special shielding pattern that best compliments the geometries of ALIVE, EXCITE and EUPHORIA.
SRX Long Duration High Voltage Conditioning.
After perfecting the most natural-sounding and holographic cables in our history, we set out to take them further with a new high voltage conditioning process that applies a sweeping frequency plot for an extended duration. We experimented with dozens of frequencies in different combinations over a prolonged time period before landing on just the right mix. We even built a new Tesla Coil to handle the excess heat generated during long conditioning sessions. Once finalized, the SRX conditioning process created holographic realism and timbrel accuracy far beyond our previous Tesla Coil conditioning protocol.
Atmosphere X Rel Spec Subwoofer Specifications:
$225 per addl meter
2 each 4th Gen-Tricon
- Silver Copper Matrix: Mono-crystal conductors with a separate ground conductor from shield
- Dielectric: Teflon
- Shielding: Silver Braid -Quantum Tunneled
- Geometry: 1 channel triaxial single ended / 2 channel triaxial balanced
Speakon and Silver Spade Connectors:
- 11 point-to-point hand soldered connections
- Atmosphere X UEF Graphene Shield: 2 different UEF coatings with Graphene are applied to connectors and cabling and ground significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail. The conductors and ground plane also benefit from dampening effect that UEF provides
- Quantum Treatment: After the cable is completely assembled all connections and cabling are treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at specific frequencies and pulse modulations, creating a canal in the conductor material and contact points at the molecular level that allows electrons to flow more freely. This allows the maximum amount of low level information through the conductors and provides for the highest amount of realism in your music
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- Hand build time: 1.5 hours
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in our California factory