Active Ground Block
The heart of your system.
How it works: It all starts with 44 Star Ground Points to reduce component to component ground inductance. That’s 44 ground connections to the original’s 18. You can ground your entire system including all components, a full loom of SR cable shields, and even equipment racks, computer hard drives, absolutely everything in your system can be grounded to one SR Active Ground Block. Filtration is handled by a UEF Ground Filter that’s 3 times the size of the original’s UEF Ground Filter and this translates into 3 times the performance of the passive ground filter alone. To this we add an Active ULF Field generator as found in our PowerCell 12 UEF which re-clocks high-frequency ground noise to the Earth’s Schumann resonance as well as noise generated inside connected components at the circuit level, so each connected component’s performance is fundamentally transformed at the source. And the Active Ground Filter is the only ground filter in the world to use such a filter mechanism for a performance unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. Stepping up to the Active Ground Block SE replaces the standard model’s passive Quantum Black Power Cord with a specially modified Atmosphere Level 2 Active power cord equipped with Galileo UEF Quantum Gold and Silver Filters that give you two distinctive sonic options to the overall sound of your system. With the included Galileo UEF filters you perfectly tailor the sound of the Active Ground Block SE to match your system, or leave the Galileo UEF Filters disconnected, the choice is yours. Lastly, the SE version has an Active EM Cell similar to the EM Cells found in our PowerCell 8 power conditioners to actively remove noise from ground for even blacker backgrounds, with improved dynamics, and finesse.
Note: Many power amplifiers will sound best without the ground engaged. Try your power amp and speaker cables with and without the ground attached and choose what sounds best for your system.
44 ports to perfection.
Now with inlcuded fuse upgrade
UEF Blue Fuse
The Blues never sounded so good.
An included upgrade on the Active Ground Block SE model, the SR Black Fuses encompass our latest understanding of passive Quantum Inductive Coupling and are our most powerful fuses to date. In addition to a proprietary conditioning process followed by a 1,000,000 volt signal we call Quantum Tunneling that alters conductive pathways within the specially developed burn wire, we add a Quantum Inductive Surface that includes Graphene to stabilize the electrical wave feeding your system for a dramatic improvement in system performance over standard and audio-grade fuse
Synergistic Research Cables
"One of the most significant effect results of reducing the noise floor and signal compression via the SR AGB SE allowed me to listen to music at much lower volumes without any loss of detail, silence between notes, and dynamics. Component changes alone have never resulted in the type of improvement the SR AGB SE brings to the table. With the SR AGB SE installed I was more engaged with the music and not left searching for it. The SR AGB SE is an integral part of my reviewing system. Highly recommended."
- Mike Girardi - StereoTimes - September 2018
My apologies for some of the hyperbole, but along with the Synergistic Research Galileo SX PowerCell, the Galileo SX Ground Block is possibly the most impressive new product that I have reviewed in the last couple of years. I have mentioned many times that the PowerCell might just be the most important component in my entire system. Now, there is some definite competition. Though each have different functions, both can offer something similar in terms of impact. Both provide a rising tide that can lift all boats.
With the Galileo SX Ground Block in place, I stopped critiquing the sound and was able to just focus on the music. As a typical audiophile, this is always a challenge. Bottom line. The emotional connection and level of personal satisfaction has never been better in my listening room! That's the biggest compliment that I could ever offer. If you are seeking state of the art performance, the Galileo SX Power Block is a must audition. Innovative design. Superb execution. Wonderful results. Highly recommended.
-Robert Youman - Positive Feedback - April 2021
"The Synergistic Research passive Grounding Block and Active Ground Block SE have become an indispensable part of our systems. It improves the sound in a way where component and cable swaps just can’t mitigate. If you want to maximize the potential of your system and experience fresh musical highs, we have no hesitation in recommending either of these Synergistic Research grounding blocks."
-Siao Jer - AudioBacon.net - March 2018
"The resulting impact of these three products is more than the sum of the parts. By that, I mean that with these devices it’s more of a “1+1+1 = 5” effect. The noise floor drops significantly, and with that, I feel like I am hearing everything my system was designed to perform. Honestly, I wish these three devices did not matter as much as they do. It’s a new can of worms to unravel and makes system setup a lot more complex. However, I would never go back to an “untreated” system. The new system sounds more dynamic, more detailed, more lifelike in the soundstage and timbre of the various instruments. In short, it sounds more musical, more real."
-Lee Scoggins - Part-time Audiophile - September 2018
"The more I listened to my system with the HDG cables and Grounding Block, the more I was convinced that the addition of these products are on the critical path in assembling a truly high performance audio system."
"you would be hard pressed to find a tweak, at this price point, that gives you better bang for your buck. If there is a better grounding solution available for audiophile systems at this price, I have not encountered it yet! That being the case, it was an easy decision to make it a part of my reference system."
-Malcolm Gomes - Positive Feedback - April 2019
"I was not prepared for the major sonic enhancement that these products delivered. The extent of the positive enhancements goes far beyond merely those of a “system tweak”."
"Synergistic Research has become a market leader of innovative audiophile products."
"The effect on our system was immediately obvious: A thin layer of hash that had been below my notice (Ain't it always the way?) was removed, clarifying a system that I already thought was exceptional."
"It certainly made a difference in our test room, making the system seem more organic sounding, more focused, with a bigger soundstage, and a significant reduction in low level hash."
- Synergistic Research Galileo UEF and Atmosphere Cables
- Synergistic Research Tranquility Bases
- Synergistic Research Atmospheres
- Turntables – Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post on Turntable
- Phono-stage - Standard or Small Spade Connect to Ground Post
- Digital to Analog Converters (DACs) – Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Reel to Reel Tape - Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Pre-Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Power Amplifiers – Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground. Note: Many power amplifiers will sound best without the ground engaged. Try your power amp and speaker cables with and without the ground attached and choose what sounds best for your system.
- USB Devices – Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Audio Computers - 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Any Component with an active circuit inside – Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground
Active Ground Block Specifications:
US 120V MSRP –$1,995.00
Bundled with $499.00 UEF Black 10 gauge AC Cable (5 ft.)
INTL 230V MSRP –$2,195.00
Bundled with $499.00 UEF Black 10 gauge AC Cable (5 ft.)
- Construction: Aircraft Aluminum
- Dimensions: Height 3″ x Width 10.75″ x Depth 6″
- Weight: 5.5 lbs.
- Internal Active UEF
- Connector Input: 1 each 15 amp IEC
- 99.995% Pure Silver Ground Strap: 52 square centimeters
- SR Quantum Capacitor
- Point-to-point wiring
- Silver Solder 4%
- Hand Built Time: 2.5 hours
- Quantum Tunneling: Standard Level 2
- 5 Day Burn In: 2 Step Process
Voltage and current Rating:
- Input rating US: 15amp/125v
- Input Rating International (EU/AU/UK): 16amp/250v
Connector Input :
- 44 each 2mm ground ports
- Graphene treatment throughout unit
- 2nd generation Internal ULF (Ultra-low frequency) Generator to bias AC to the Earth’s Schumann Resonance for a dramatic drop in a system’s noise floor
- 1 each SR Power Transformers
- 1 each SR Quantum Capacitor in ULF field generator
- 1 each 15 amp IEC
- 1 each On/Off switch
- 1 each SR Black 16A Fuse
99.995% Pure Silver
- 52 square centimeters
Available connections for other SR products with SR Ground Plane Technology:
- Synergistic Research Atmosphere: Acoustic Wave Generator
- Synergistic Research FEQ: Frequency Equalizer
- Synergistic Research Tranquility Base Products
Optional High-Def connectivity ground cables are available for the following applications:
- Turntables: Connect to Ground Plug on Turntable
- Digital to Analog Converters (DACs): Connect to spare Digital Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Pre-Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Power Amplifiers: Connect to spare Analog Input, Output or Chassis Ground.
- USB Devices: Connect to spare USB Input, Output or Chassis Ground
- Any Component with an active circuit inside: Connect to spare Input, Output or Chassis Ground
UEF Black 10awg power cable
Pure. Clean. Power.
UEF Black PowerCell power cable specifications:
3 each 10 awg. SR Copper:
- Dielectric: (EPDM) Ethylene Propylene
- Connector Input US: 1 each Synergistic Research C07 Pure Copper
- Connector Input Int’l:1 each Synergistic Research C07 Pure Copper
- Connector Output US: Synergistic Research C07 Pure Copper IEC 20 amp connectors
- Connector Output Int’l:Synergistic Research C07 Pure Copper IEC 20 amp connectors
- UEF: UEF Technology Standard Level 2 - UEF coating with Graphene is applied to connectors and cabling significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail. The conductors also benefit from dampening effect that UEF provides.
- Quantum Tunneling: Quantum Tunneling: Connections and cabling are treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at specific frequencies and pulse modulations, creating a canal in the conductor material and contact points at the molecular level that allows electrons to flow more freely.
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in our California factory
Voltage and current Rating:
- US: 30amp/125v
- (EU/AU/UK): 20amp/250v
with Galileo UEF Tuning Modules ($1995 MSRP)
with Galileo UEF Tuning Modules ($3495 MSRP)